Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tiny House Interiors: My Design Inspiration


Good morning. Thought I'd post a bit of design inspiration today. Everything here is from my "Atrium House Interior" Pinterest board, if you'd like to see more. My style tends to gravitate towards neutral colors, natural textures, and an overall rustic/ modern feel. And that's exactly how I'd like the tiny to look. The photo below is pretty much perfect: Rustic reclaimed wood, white walls, a white paneled ceiling, and lots of texture in the form of graphic textiles, branches from the outdoors, and wicker baskets hanging on the walls. 


Let's talk about kitchens. In the Sketch-up design, open shelving was a feature I really wanted to incorporate. I love the open feel it gives a space. The way items are put on display, and the convenience of being able to grab something without having to open a door is a huge plus. (Not that opening a door is THAT hard. Just sayin')


Also for the kitchen, I'd love to create one of those lights made from reclaimed wood, as well as dipped bar stools and antlers decorated with florals.

 

Continuing with the reclaimed them, I'm hoping to find some used windows to use in the Mini. Something along the lines of these. 


For interior doors, we're only going to need one for the wet bath. I'm thinking of going with either a paned glass door or a barn style door, but no matter the style, they will all have to be pocket doors as there's limited room.


Above the workspace will be an extra closet for coats, or other clothing that we'll want on display. Clothing can be aesthetically pleasing too! Especially if hung from tree branches. Loving this gold chair as well.

 

And for the sliding ladder, I'm thinking natural wood is the way to go. That geometric light is pretty great as well.


The Mini will also house a loft bedroom and a convertible bedroom/ living area, so I'll be able to splurge on textiles, pillows and throws. 

Living Inspiration


Bedroom Inspiration




This platform bed would be perfect for the combo bed/ sofa:


I'll leave you with this last bit of inspiration before I go.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment