Friday, August 8, 2014

THE TINY HAPPY HOME: PROGRESS 8/9/14

Hello! I got some more progress done with the tiny tonight. This time I added (another) window in the kitchen opposite the one on the left. I wonder how much more money it's going to cost to have this much glass. To me it's a necessary splurge, especially in a space so tiny. You want to have a good amount of light coming in, and with 18 (Oh my gosh 18. Granted they are small but oh my gosh) windows we'll have plenty. I'll definitely have to do some research on where to find the best deals on glass, and maybe even do some DIY jobs if it's even possible. I just really love this setup and hope it's doable financially.



Also, my son came inside from playing and had a bag full of cucumbers the neighbor gave him from his garden, and when I went outside to thank him he gave me 3 more (Thanks Gary!) Love homegrown fruits and vegetables and can't wait to get some growing on the tiny.

Just a side note, I'm going to do a complete cost calculation of everything so I have an idea of how much out of pocket expenses we're talking when everything is said and done. Thankfully we've got the majority of the wood being sourced now, but there are things like appliances, hardware, and insulation that we can't exactly get for free. (Unless of course someone is giving some things away on Craigslist. (And if they are, I will find it) My goal is to keep it under $10,000 (and maybe even $7500) I know it can be done. And I will find a way :) So stay tuned if you're interested in calculations and stuff. (And let's be honest, who isn't?)

Good Day! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Your design concept is awesome. I like it so much I want to build it myself. Where are you at in the process? I see you haven't posted in a while. I want updates!

    ReplyDelete